CALL TO ACTION:
Please download our list of 400 Twitter handles for the media worldwide here and send them the tweet below. Do as many as you can, or as few as you like – every tweet is important.
@NewsMedia: Please help us end the slaughter of dolphins in Taiji, Japan. Please cover or RT: bit.ly/1595EQr.
MEDIA ARCHIVE: 2013-2014
- The Killing Cove – 60 Minutes Australia, February 23, 2014
The following links are select media coverage related to Taiji’s January 17th to 21st dolphin drive hunt of 250 bottlenose dolphins (including a rare albino calf), the grueling captive selection process, inhumane slaughter, and drive back out to sea of the remaining pod members. The media coverage soared to new heights due to Ambassador Caroline Kennedy’s statement of concern via Twitter and other tweets from celebrities & other diplomats.
- Japan’s Dolphin Slaughter Stirs Outrage – CNN (Piers Morgan’s interview of Fisher Stevens, Louie Psihoyos, and Leilani Munter), January 22, 2014
- Not Only Dolphins. Japan Keeps Killing Whales, Too – Bloomberg Businessweek, January 22, 2014
- Japan dolphin hunt goes on after slaughter – Agence France-Presse (picked up by GlobalPost), January 22, 2014
- Ambassador Kennedy Criticizes Japan’s Dolphin Hunt – NPR, January 22, 2014
- Japan defends dolphin kill as tradition; foreign envoys are critical – Los Angeles Times, January 21, 2014
- U.S. ambassador “deeply concerned” about Japan dolphin killing – Reuters, January 20, 2014
For even more media coverage, you can look at news items by clicking here. If you come across an article with misinformation/errors, we suggest that you contact the publication/journalist directly for corrections.
MEDIA ARCHIVE: 2012-2013
- 100 dolphins snared for theme parks – The Sunday Times, December 23, 2012
- I-Team investigates Japanese whale and dolphin slaughter – ABC 7 San Francisco, November 7, 2012
- Activists: Taiji dolphin slaughter is ‘inhumane’ – HLN, September 21, 2012
COMMENTS? QUESTIONS? CORRECTIONS?
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback/contributions for this website.